What is a Micro switch
A micro switch, also known as miniature snap action switch, is a type of momentary contact switch used widely in automotive, industrial and medical instruments as sensor. The switch is termed as “micro” on the name of the company who first started manufacturing it commercially.
The actuator of these switches often has a hinged wheel placed above a push button. This switch is widely used in control system applications such as a door interlock, safety switches in elevators, vending machines etc. Having a diverse range of engineering applications, micro switches are available in various switch configurations, housing materials, actuator styles etc.
What are micro switches used for?
Micro switches have many uses, some more industrial and others more common place.
The Micro switches that we can offer have been successfully used in;
· Building, Automation and Security
· Home Applications
Building, Automation and Security Applications
Micro Switches are used for many different applications within building, automation and security. Some examples of these applications are;
1. Push buttons for alarms and call points
micro switches are used as the buttons within fire alarms, emergency stop controls, emergency door releases. These devices are designed to be pressed in an emergency to manually activate an alarm.
2. Triggers to prevent devices from being dismounted – devices such as infrared detection alarms, card readers and access control panels will contain a micro switch so that if the device is removed, dismounted or damaged an alarm will trigger.
3. Turning devices for surveillance cameras – micro switches are often used within the turning device, the micro switch will be activated when the turning device reaches its furthest point of motion. This ensures that the camera is moving into the position it should and not being compromised.
Micro switches are also used for applications within home appliances. These include:
1. Washing Machines– Micro switches are used at the power supply to turn the machine off/on, they are used for detecting switching power, angle of drums and filter. They will detect the door open-close status and are used on the control panel buttons. Inside the washing machine micro switches are also used for detecting the water level.
2. Refrigerators – micro switches are used within refrigerators on the ice and water dispenser, they can detect if the ice maker is in the correct position.
3. Air Conditioning Units – Micro switches can detect if the door panels on air conditioning units are closed. They can detect the angle of the louvers and are also used as reset buttons on the device.
Where to buy a Micro Switch
Are you looking for a trusted and a reliable place to purchase a micro switch? Look no further, because Banggood has several options of quality, durable and affordable micro switch to choose from.
Micro switches may be directly operated by a mechanism, or may be packaged as part of a pressure, flow, or temperature switch, operated by a sensing mechanism such as a Bourdon tube.