Even though Valentine’s Day will come a month later, it is a good time for you to plan and prepare things for that day. A box of chocolate is a tradition in Valentine’s, but do you still want something special? Maybe DIY chocolate cupcakes will be a good present for your lover.
Since cupcakes are just right for almost any occasion, chocolate cupcakes are a standard type of cupcake enjoyed by boys and girls of all over world especially perfect for Valentine’s Day. You can dress them up or down, fill them with something sweet or leave them plain, and top them with fluffy frosting, candies, and so much more. Besides, cupcakes are a great first baking experience for people to try, and the following recipe can make 12 cupcakes.
To begin with, prepare all the ingredients you need: 150g butter, softened; 150g superfine (caster) sugar; 175g self-rising flour; 3 eggs; 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or essence; 50g chocolate chips; 50g unsweetened cocoa powder; icing or sprinkles at the end if desired.
Steps are as follows:
1. Choose a set of cupcake baking cups you like, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Adding 12 cup cake paper to the cake pan or tray to get ready.
2. In a cup, break the eggs carefully, removing any shell that falls in. Using a fork to beat the egg mixture lightly.
3. When the beaten eggs are completely mixed together, pour the ingredients apart from the chocolate chips into a large bowl. Add the beaten eggs.
4. Mix the ingredients with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Once the mixture appears light and fluffy, it is ready to transfer to the cake cases.
5. Use a spoon or cupcake batter dispenser to transfer the chocolate cake mixture to each cake. Here I would like to choose the batter dispenser as it is convenient and make the cupcake even and prefect batter amount in each of the cup paper.
6. Sprinkle the chocolate chips into each individual patty.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. The cupcakes are ready when they have risen and are firm to the touch.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes. Transfer the cakes to a wire cooling rack and leave until fully cooled. Top with icing/frosting once cool.
9. Last, decorate them with sprinkles or other additions, if desired, to complete your tasty treats!