Nothing beats a long busy day like a nice cup of coffee. For one reason or another, coffee is one the most popular and addictive beverage in the world and that’s why you find long queues in coffee shops especially in the morning.
The price of a cup of coffee is pricey and if you calculate the cost of buying coffee every single day is quite expensive especially to extreme coffee lovers who believe coffee is the gasoline of life. Some of the reasons that push you to get a coffee mixer include:
- It’s cheaper to brew your own coffee than buying hence saving money.
- It’s convenient and easy to use not forgetting you bring the coffee shop smell right in your home or work.
- Coffee intake has health benefit as studies have found that coffee might help in preventing type 2 diabetes.
- You can serve coffee to you guests as the coffee maker makes instant coffee.
Making coffee using a coffee maker is not as techy as it may sound but if you have a not so good beginner experience remember even a bad cup of coffee is better than no coffee at all. Follow the following easy step to a great cup of coffee.
- Prepare filter- place your coffee filter into the filter basket. Determine the shape of your filter basket before placing which is either cone-shaped or basket-shaped and shape your filter to that shape. Your machine may have its own washable mesh filter which is placed already.
- Measure out the coffee depending on the amount and concentration of coffee you wish to brew in the filter. If you are using ground beans, grind at a medium size until your particles are roughly the size of sand. Try using the standard ratio of 2 tablespoon for each 6 ounces of water. It’s advisable to check the machine manual because every manufacturer has different specifications.
- Measure out water. Depending on the amount of coffee ground you measured, pour the ideal amount of cold water in the water reservoir. Don’t be tempted to pour directly into the filter basket.
- Plug in the coffee maker and turn it on. Don’t be in rush and wait until your coffee is completely brewed before pouring your coffee. Your cup of coffee is ready.
- Remember to dispose used paper filter immediately after brewing. If you are using a mesh filter, get rid of the used coffee grounds after brewing.