Different from cake, muffin is a kind of morning bread which can be sweet or savory. The typical American muffin is similar to a cupcake in size and the cooking methods, while English muffin is cooked in a griddle on the stove top and flipped from side-to-side, which results in its typical flattened shape rather than the rounded top seen in baked rolls or cake-type muffin.
At weekend, I will always make some blueberry muffins for breakfast; they are tasty and make my weekend wonderful. Homemade blueberry muffins is simple, let’s do it. Oven, baking pan, paper cake cups are the three essential equipment and here are the ingredients you need:
1 cup (240ml) plain yogurt, regular or low fat
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup (60ml) canola or corn oil
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (100) granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
100g fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 75°F or 190°C.
2. Combine the yogurt, egg, oil, and vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl.
3. Sift and combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another medium mixing bowl.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly, but do not over beat.
5. Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture.
6. Fill in muffin tins (cake baking pan is also available) with cupcake liners about 1/3 full.
7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Test to see if they are done with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out gooey, stick it in for another 2-3 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean.
After all, let the muffin cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving. Then you can enjoy the delicious homemade blueberry muffin at weekend.